I love my crock pot. I love coming home after a day of running around, and having dinner DONE. No worry. I've found a new blog, "A Year of CrockPotting" I've seriously got to try this. Using my crock pot every day for a year. How cool. How very cool.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
You may not know, but I'm a Daisy Girl Scout Leader. This month, we are making bird feeders to be considerate and kind to our feathered friends. I made a little feeder watch sheet for the Daisies to take home and keep track of who visits their feeder. Then it occurred to me that they may not be the only one interested. Here is the feeder watch page.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
One of my darling friends is suffering from the terrible loss of her baby. We are all mourning with her. There's not much more to say, except that we are all very sad for her and her family.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Here is a science experiment that uses antacids to explore acids and bases. We are using it for Deuce's Science Fair entry this year, and also for our chemistry lessons. We are using the book Fizz, Bubble, & Flash! Element Explorations & Atom Adventures for Hands-On Science Fun! by Anita Brandolini, Ph.D. as our core, and this is one of the ideas for further study. It turned out pretty cool, so I've written up an actual science experiment lab sheet for it using a generator at teach-nology.com.
Let's try this link: Antacid Test
If you do this, let me know how you like it.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Not wishing to comment on the election (yay! - oops, sorry) I'm posting a meme instead.
Bold the things you’ve done and will admit to.
1. Started your own blog - You're reading it
2. Slept under the stars - with my cousins, Dallas and Becky when I was young.
3. Played in a band - Does Jr. High count?
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower - see #2
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world
8. Climbed a mountain - well sorta, I drove over the Rockies.
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - Cross Stitch for one, Beading
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb - but I've petted one!
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (I’m easily satisfied!)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person - The leaning Tower in Niles is the closest I've gotten.
39. Gone rock climbing (does a wall count?)
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke - oh yeah.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Gotten flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar - yum!
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life - When Ace was choking on a Fruit Loop.
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous - no, but I've seen Warren Zevon (rip) in a bar!
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee